Employment at HomeWorks
At HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative, we constantly seek to bring energy, comfort, and communications solutions to our member-owners and customers, to enhance their quality of life. We develop and reward employees who help meet our goals, and we embody the cooperative principles as we work with our partners to fulfill our mission.
In our culture, we like to try out new ideas and maintain a learning environment. We promote and maintain a safe workplace, encourage leadership and cross-training, and we’re a fun place to work.
Some history: HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative has brought electric service to mid-Michigan since 1937. More recently, we have provided propane and high speed satellite internet services to our area. The mission of our 74 full-time and 4 part-time employees, along with our board of directors, is to provide our member-owners and customers with energy, comfort, and communications solutions that will enhance their quality of life.
Our reputation for reliability and outstanding customer service is based 80 years of employees committed to building a safe, reliable, customer-friendly utility. Our customer satisfaction scores reflect that, as we perform at the top of our industry in regular surveys. And as a part-owner of Wolverine Power Cooperative, we are one of Michigan’s #RenewableEnergyLeaders.
Our main office and an operations center are located just west of Portland; we have a second office and operations center at Blanchard. We currently deliver reliable electricity to families and businesses in parts of 13 mid-Michigan counties. Our Tri-County Electric People Fund has returned over $2 million to families and organizations in need across our service area, with funds donated by members who round up their monthly electric bills. We also took part in Michigan’s Partners for Power program in 2015, sending linemen to a remote mountain village in Guatemala to help the village bring electricity to their homes.
We currently have one open summer internship position.
Job Title: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Intern
Reports to: Manager of Engineering Services
Location: Portland Office
At HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative, we constantly seek to bring energy, comfort, and communications solutions to our member-owners and customers, to enhance their quality of life. We develop and reward employees who help meet our goals, and we embody the cooperative principles as we work with our partners to fulfill our mission. HomeWorks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining HomeWorks GIS database. At this time, it's planned to be a summer internship, but we are open to extending the position through the next school year.
- Support and maintain HomeWorks GIS database by ensuring the layers, attributes, spatial relationships, and connectivity are accurate and reflective of our electric system.
- Update GIS to reflect changes made to our electric system, including but not limited to, new constructions, line relocations, work plan projects, maintenance, pole replacements, and phase changes.
- Correct GIS and customer database records so they model accurate outage prediction.
- Seek enhancements to the mapping system that will provide additional value to members and employees.
- Acts as a backup dispatcher as needed. This includes answering the radio, maintaining a database of crew locations, responding to Miss Dig requests, and assisting with power restoration efforts.
- Must be skilled at using computers and software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with how to navigate and use web based maps.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Coursework in ArcMap that includes cartography, querying, editing, and displaying data.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letters by May 16 to:
Angel McCliggott, Human Resource Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org