We respect your privacy. Our policy is to protect customer information and not to divulge it or sell it to any third party. We do not make email or postal addresses, telephone numbers, or other demographic information of those who access our site available to other organizations. We routinely collect and maintain only the information we need to provide you with the best services, products, and programs, and to service your account.
This information includes:
- Information we receive from you on applications, through www.homeworks.org and other means, including name, address, telephone number, social security number, e-mail address and property information;
- Information regarding your transactions with us, such as electric usage, service history, payment history, billing information and financial account information;
- Information regarding your capital and patronage account and contact information for inactive members resulting from membership and governance activities;
- Information we receive from credit reporting agencies and other groups regarding credit history and other reports;
- Information obtained through samples or surveys of HomeWorks Tri-County Electric member-consumers to identify needs or improve services. This information may be compiled in aggregate form for Cooperative management activities; and
- Additional information that is collected and maintained when and to the extent appropriate to provide services.
You may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us an email or calling or writing to us. Our contact information can be found at the bottom of this document, or on the “Contact Us” page of our web site, www.homeworks.org.
Protecting Your Information
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies to protect your data when transferring it to and from our Web site. We have established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect customer information. We limit access to your data to employees who need it to service your account and to keep HomeWorks Tri-County Electric’s services, in general, running at their highest level.
However, no record or computer system can ever be protected against every possible hazard. We are committed to providing reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards. Additionally, should your relationship with us end at some time in the future, your information will remain protected as outlined in this notice.
Accuracy of Information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, complete and appropriate information about member-consumers as necessary for the purpose for which the information is to be used. HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative generally permits its member-consumers to access and seek correction of records about themselves that are maintained and used by the Cooperative to provide service, for billing, and to manage capital accounts. Any requests for, or disputes relating to, access, correction, or other matters should be reported to HomeWorks Tri-County Electric, and we will do our best to resolve any questions or problems that may arise regarding the use of member-consumer information.
Our contact information is:
HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative
7973 E. Grand River Avenue
Portland, MI 48875
Telephone: 517-647-7554 or 1-800-562-8232
Email address: email@example.com
The purpose of our web site at www.homeworks.org is to give you information about HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative, our subsidiary Tri-County Propane, and the Tri-County Electric People Fund. Although we try to keep the information available through our Web site current and correct, we do not guarantee its accuracy or usefulness in any way. Your use of information on this site is at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any damage you may incur through your accessing or use of this site.
Links from pages on www.homeworks.org do not constitute an endorsement by HomeWorks Tri-County, its subsidiaries, operating partners, of any entities, advertisers, products or services therein, or of the activities of any entities therein. We are not responsible for and do not control or monitor the content of non-HomeWorks Tri-County sites or the accuracy of information found therein.
HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative reserves the right to update, modify, suspend or discontinue any and all websites, email addresses, and other forms of media at any time and without notice.
Note: This document paraphrases Board Policy 117 - Privacy and Confidentiality, last updated January 20, 2014.