Summer communications Internship Available
We’re accepting applications through May 16 for a summer communications internship position.
The Communications Intern will work on a variety of hands-on, portfolio building projects that support HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative in its mission of improving the quality of life for our member-owners in mid-Michigan. Your responsibilities may include writing articles for our monthly magazine, designing print materials such as brochures or bill inserts, providing support for Touchstone Energy outreach programs, digital photography assignments, and more.
The part-time summer internship offers flexible start and end dates, and will take into account your class schedule if necessary. We offer a competitive hourly wage based on experience. You will work at our Portland office, although there will be days in the field or at our Blanchard office. Hours are flexible, but will be generally be scheduled during business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
Skills & Knowledge to be Gained
- Hands-on experience in a variety of communication activities
- Opportunity to be published in a statewide magazine
- Build your portfolio by creating great projects and pieces
- Real world practice of meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
- Junior or Senior in college majoring in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Strong writing skills, including ability to write feature articles
- Strong visual design skills, including digital photography and brochure layout
- Excellent organizational skills
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Track record of working well on team projects
- Familiarity with mid-Michigan and rural living
- Knowledge of AP Style Guide
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references by May 16, 2014, to Jayne Graham at email@example.com, or mail to HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative, 7973 E. Grand River Avenue, Portland, MI 48875. No phone calls, please.
Start and end dates will be based on the successful applicant’s schedule (June-September).
About HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative:
HomeWorks is a rural electric distribution cooperative that serves 26,000 meters in parts of 13 counties, from Jackson to Clare, in mid-Michigan. We are owned and controlled by the people we serve. We also have a for-profit subsidiary that provides propane and satellite internet services, and recently dedicated our Community Solar Garden, with the first phase being a 20.9 kW solar array.