Special Member Meeting set for Sept. 24
Notice to Members of HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative
A Special Member Meeting is set for Sept. 24, 9 a.m., at the cooperative’s Portland office
The board of directors will consider several changes to the cooperative’s rates and tariffs at its meeting on September 24, 2012, to be held at the cooperative office at 7973 Grand River Avenue, Portland, MI. The meeting will start at 9 a.m. and is open to all members of HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative.
The session will begin with an opportunity for members to provide direct input to the board of directors, without filing a formal request under cooperative policy. Members are asked to come to the lobby by 9 a.m. and request to speak to the board; staff will direct interested members to the meeting room. Time constraints on each member’s comments will be at the discretion of the board president, but members are asked to keep comments to less than five minutes.
The following items will be considered:
1) Establish the 2013 Power Supply Cost Recovery Factor, to be applied to the cooperative’s retail member-customers’ monthly kilowatt-hour use. The Power Supply Cost Recovery Factor represents the power supply costs as established by the cooperative in conjunction with Wolverine Power Cooperative. The factor is established annually, and reviewed monthly.
2) Revise the cooperative’s rates to meet current and future financial needs, based on an independent Cost of Service study.
3) Revise the cooperative’s Requirements for Pole Attachments tariff sheet to change the annual pole attachment rate per pole. Under the tariff, the cooperative may permit a cable television company or other attaching party to make attachments to its poles, ducts or conduits pursuant to a contract between the cooperative and the attaching party.
4) Revise the cooperative’s Aid-to-Construction fee schedule to reflect cost increases. If approved, these changes will affect member-customers who have electric service built to a new location, or request a change in service at their current location.
5) Revise the cooperative’s miscellaneous billing fees and charges.
Notice of changes or additions to the cooperative’s rates or service rules shall be sent to all members, as required by P.A. 167, by publication in Michigan Country Lines at least 30 days prior to their effective date.
Participation: Any interested member may attend and participate. The location of the board meeting site is accessible, including handicapped parking. Persons needing any accommodation to participate should contact HomeWorks Tri-County Electric at 800-562-8232 a week in advance to request mobility, visual, hearing or other assistance. Comments may also be made before the meeting date by calling General Manager Mark Kappler at 517-647-1281, or by email at email@example.com.
Notice of the board meeting was sent to all members, as required by P.A. 167, by publication in the September edition of Michigan Country Lines.